Saturday, June 23, 2018

- Aphrodite : A poem inspired by a man lamenting his beloved wife who died under the rubble of their destroyed house due to aerial bombardment.. #Syria.


- Aphrodite

Driving alone, heading nowhere,
haunted by memories I meditate.
Paced upon the woods overhead.
Crowd of stars may spirit abate.
Feeling your hand against mine;
so overwhelming, cannot debate.

Hand reaches the seat aside,
Nothing but illusions I conflate.
No more than a longing night;
Imagining lifeless eyes, but great!
It's over! Death already won..
Gunpowder in heart, still taste.

Stumbling through darkness,
I arrived your place I hate.
The sky was raging storms, 
Your echoes arranged a date!
Short talks & laughter, we shared.
I wept in happiness at such state..

Standing at your grave, I tried
Pull the death out of you, saint!
Fervently plied to bring you back;
Longing for souls be embraced!
All alone! without you, Aphrodite!
Who else my lips would paint?

Feeling this loss, I wished..
We were dreaming, but too late!
Time won't recover anything, but
Evoking pain that would inflate!
Paramour! Come downward, help me!
Drain your ether, or I die at slow rate..

- This poem was inspired by a man lamenting his beloved wife who died under the rubble of their destroyed house due to aerial bombardment.. #Syria.

- #Aphrodite
- Written by : Adam Nahhass
- June 23, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

- نزوح كبير للمدنيين من مناطق قسد في دير الزور إلى الشمال السوري

- دير الزور : تحدثت تقارير إعلامية أن موجة نزوح كبيرة للمدنيين، تشهدها مناطق سيطرة قوات سوريا الديموقراطية بريف دير الزور إلى الشمال ا...