Thursday, August 3, 2017
- #WhereIsBassel? … Reports Says Khartabil executed in Syria’s Adra Prison
- Agencies (IRW) – Media sources and activists reported on Tuesday that the Syrian activist «Bassel Khartabil» was reportedly executed in Adra prison.
Khartabil, the Wikipedian and Head of Creative Common in Syria, has been imprisoned in Syria since March 15, 2012.
Bassel was reportedly executed shortly after his disappearance in 2015, but no formal information was ever given to his family and loved ones.
Bassel, the lead of Creative Commons Syria, had been detained in an undisclosed location for 9 months until he was transferred to Adra prison, where he finally gained access to see his family and wife on a weekly basis.
On October 3, 2015, Bassel disappeared. Reports claimed that his name was stricken off the prison register and he was taken away by security forces from his cell to an unknown location.
The Jimmy Wales Foundation reported that on Tuesday it “Received the horrific news that Bassel was executed immediately after his disappearance nearly two years ago”
- دخلت الشرطة العسكرية الروسية اليوم الأربعاء، إلى مدينة طفس، أبرز معاقل المعارضة السورية في ريف درعا الغربي. ووفقاً لمصادر محلية ...
- Is it possible for mortars to be launched from the eastern Ghouta to reach the Square of the Umayyads or neighborhood of the Rukn Eld...
- Syrian opposition activists launched a campaign called Save Ghouta to highlight the suffer of civilians in Eastern Ghouta area, due ...
- ديرالزور : ارتكبت مقاتلات التحالف الدولي فجر اليوم الاثنين مجزرة مروعة في مدينة الميادين بريف ديرالزور الشرقي، راح ضحيتها عشرة أشخاص...